Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Jamaica Bay Stripers


No more weakfish for me last weekend, but the bass bite was still really good for 30"+ stripers, and I believe building up to a peak. Wish I had a little more time to explore the bass bite, but was very busy last weekend. 

A good amount of bunker in the area, but the schools were moving around pretty fast, and definitely not as much bunker around as at the peak. 

The cocktail blues have also shown up in hoards as well. My buddy also happened into a 25" fluke while we were fishing for weakfish, so it looks like everything is around in at least some numbers now.

The fishing isn't peak yet but getting very near. I'm hoping that the weakfish bite becomes more consistent as the weather warms. The water temp is now 60 degrees. 

No comments:

Post a Comment